Missing Children’s Law Enforcement Award
- The award is intended to recognize the efforts of an active duty law enforcement officer or officers. If the nomination contains more than one nominee, please clearly indicate who will accept the award on behalf of the team. Only one individual is permitted to accept the award.
- Nominations will not be accepted from relatives or friends; nor will self-nominations be accepted.
- The exemplary actions of the individual(s) being nominated for the award must have taken place in 2016.
- Nominees must be United States citizens.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Nominees are subject to formal background check and final approval by DOJ/OJJDP.
- DOJ/OJJDP reserves the right to not select a winner for this year based upon the applications received.
- DOJ/OJJDP reserves the right to not make an award for any reason.
All submitted materials become the property of DOJ/OJJDP.
- The nominee(s) must be an active member of the law enforcement community.
- The nominee(s) must meet one of the following criteria:
- Was actively involved in an investigation leading to the recovery of a missing/abducted.
- Developed a program, policy or guidelines that significantly improved the safety of children.
- Made a significant impact on missing or abducted children’s issues or programs at the department, county, regional, State, or national level.
Complete the Nomination Form and include a written description of the action or contribution of the nominee(s) in 750-words or less. If more than one individual is being nominated, please submit contact information for all individuals and describe each person’s role in the form below.
Describe the specific investigative or program contribution in the space provided. The summary must include specific details about the nominee’s contribution, which may involve either an extraordinary investigation or a significant program contribution. The description should include all relevant participating agencies, including any federal entities. Relevant additional materials (i.e., newspaper articles, press releases, awards, letters of support, etc.) may be included with the application. LABEL ALL ATTACHED PAGES WITH THE NOMINEE’S FULL NAME.