Missing Children’s Citizen Award
- The award is intended to recognize the courageous act of an individual or individuals whose actions directly helped to safely recover a missing/abducted child. This award recognizes the extraordinary vigilance and valiant actions of concerned citizens.
- Nominations will not be accepted from relatives or friends; nor will self-nominations be accepted.
- The exemplary actions of the individual(s) nominated for the award must have taken place in 2013.
- This award is for individuals within the United States only.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Award winners are subject to formal background check and final approval by DOJ.
- DOJ reserves the right to not select a winner for this year based upon the applications received.
- DOJ reserves the right to not make an award for any reason.
- All submitted materials become the property of DOJ.
- The nominee(s) must be an individual or individuals who actively participated in the safe recovery of a child.
- The nominee(s) must meet one of the following criteria:
- Individual actions resulted in the recovery of missing/abducted child (ren).
- Collaborated with law enforcement and other community partners to recover missing/abducted child (ren).
- Provided operational support to law enforcement for the purpose of recovering missing/abducted child (ren).
Complete the attached nomination form, including a maximum 750-word description of the action or contribution of the nominee(s). If more than one individual is being nominated, please submit contact information for all individuals and describe the role each person played in the Contribution Information section.
Describe the exemplary actions of the nominee(s) in the space provided on the Nomination Form. The summary must include specific details describing the contribution of the nominee(s). The description should include all relevant participating agencies, including any federal entities. Relevant additional materials (i.e., newspaper articles, awards, letters of support, etc.) may be included with the application.