2017 Attorney General’s Special Commendation Award
- The award is intended to recognize individual or Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task force efforts. If your nomination contains more than one nominee, please clearly indicate who will accept the award on behalf of your team. Only one individual will be permitted to accept the award on behalf of the team.
- If other agencies are involved that should be included in this award nomination, it is the responsibility of the nominator to coordinate with them and submit one nomination.
- Nominations must be made by an ICAC Task Force Member or an OJJDP ICAC Task Force Program Manager.
- Each ICAC task force is limited to one annual nomination.
- DOJ/OJJDP reserves the right to not select a winner for this year based upon the applications received.
- DOJ/OJJDP reserves the right to not make an award for any reason.
- Award winners are subject to formal background check and final approval by DOJ/OJJDP.
- The nominee must be an ICAC Task Force, an ICAC affiliate agency, or an individual assigned to an ICAC Task Force or affiliate agency;
- The nominee shall have performed either an investigative activity deemed exceptional or beyond the call of duty or have made a significant contribution to the ICAC task force program; and
- The nominee’s investigative or program contribution must have taken place in 2016.
Complete the nomination form, including a maximum 750-word description of the action or contribution of the nominee. If your nomination contains more than one nominee, please clearly indicate who will accept the award on behalf of your team. Only one individual will be permitted to accept the award on behalf of the team.
Describe the nominee’s investigative or program contribution in the space provided. The summary must include specific details describing the nominee’s contribution, which may involve either an extraordinary investigation or a significant contribution to child safety. The description should include all relevant participating agencies, including any federal entities. Relevant additional materials (i.e., newspaper articles, press releases, awards, letters of support, etc.) may be included with the application. LABEL ALL ATTACHED PAGES WITH THE NOMINEE’S NAME.